Monday, 8 June 2015

Iran, my country



What’s right? Should I go to Villepant or not?
So what should I do? I have so much to do and my schedule’s so packed! I have to care for my children, I have so many problems at work, and on the other hand, I know I have to go. I know I have to convey my countrymen's voice. I know I have to be the voice of the women who sell their children in order to keep them alive and not starve to death. I have to be the voice of those children who go door to door, car to car and try to making a living by selling flowers instead of going to school. The voice of the mothers who sleep their children in cold boxes out in the streets instead of a cozy warm bed and make them sleep on a hungry stomach so they don't feel the poverty.
I know. I know all of this but still, I have problems of my own...Not that I don't want to go, I do…really! Everyone keeps telling me to go to Villepant and be the voice of my people.
Yeah, they're right, but what can I do? What am I supposed to do with my stubborn boss? Do you know how many times I've asked for a day off?
I'm driving. I can't help feeling guilty, my conscience is telling me to go. It's up to me to decide between what I have to do and what I want to do.
I reach home, my kids shout and yell and greet me. My older daughter asks me, "Mom, do you know it's Vilepant in 9 days?!
We're going, right?"
I'm struck with lightning and can't move a muscle. How can I say no? My children are the true reflection of my conscious, how can I say no to that??
Forget it! I don't care what happens after this. I'm going with my three children and any other friend I can gather with me. I'm going to do what's right!
My boss knows that every year I have to go for this gathering and be the voice of my people, I've been doing this each year! He's a decent man and understands our struggle. Wait, why don't I invite him too??!!
I'm going! My problems are nothing compared to the poverty, corruption and atrocities in Iran. I have to do something.
Let my children grow up in such an atmosphere, to feel for their fellow countrymen, to learn that you have to stand against evil and fight even when it's hard and there seems to be no hope. Because there is always hope and we can make it happen, we just have to try and not stand down!

No comments:

Post a Comment